Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bored

Bored. I’ve completed three games in a week and watched world cup at the same time. Heroes? Done. Rise of Legends? Done. Hitman? Done. Oblivion? I’ve started new yesterday (after completed the previous) and currently my character is on level 3. My fiancée is in Penang, the Ansara League matches for my team has been postponed twice (our first game would be this Saturday), my two papers would only be presented on the middle of the month and there’s no update from U69 since the 31st of May. How much bored could I get?

Been thinking about buying original games (for the first time). Budget constraint me enough to not to. There’s a rumour that developers would reduce their prices soon, but my guess was it would only be known after E3, which was…ermmmm…two months shy. If that is the case, we could see a price drop of games very soon. My concern was there could be no significant changes here in Malaysia and once again, the blamed would fall on piracy. I mean come on, the prices was too damn high.

I’ve never bought pirated cassette or musical CD. I supported the artists whether they were from the inside or outside of Malaysia. But that was more than 10 years ago. I didn’t bought any nowadays, original or pirated, seeing the disappearance of Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple etc. Not to mention Sheila Majid, Ella, music brought by the bands prior to 1989 (Search, Wings, BPR). I’m not saying that music nowadays were no good. It’s good on their own. They have their own fan. I could be getting old, refusing to move on to the new era which I never tried.

About piracy, I still remembered some local producers blaming piracy as the reason their albums’ sales didn’t went to well. If the piracy is gone, their albums’ sales would go up, or so they say. That was their answer, their only answer when asked why their artist albums’ sales went down. About that time too, I think we all here remembered our local Nasyid band, Raihan who received double platinum (I think) for achieving one of the highest sales in music’s history.

I’m impressed, really, because Raihan’s manager was the only manager in Malaysia who could fought piracy all by himself. It’s true? Right? Because the producers claimed that if the piracy were gone, their sales would go up. I can’t imagine how Raihan’s manager did that. Meeting the triads, giving them ultimatum, don’t pirate my artist, or else! , hahaha.
The truth is Raihan was good. That album itself was very good, the best even. Each song in there touch the very soul of the listeners, at least I did. So, what was the problem?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, raihan is good and the same thing goes to hijjaz. there are worth to buy