Friday, August 04, 2006

TRAFFIC

It’s Friday, a potential traffic congested day, after office hour. Add up some rain and the taste would be perfect. People were always asking this question

“Bila hujan jer jem, aper keta kat Malaysia nie xder bumbung ker?”

I’ll always make sure to leave the office when it’s raining, not after it’s stopped. The road always cleared during that time, which derived the question above, why doesn’t other drivers went out during that time? It could be that they parked outside, but, all of them?

I’ve heard the government wanted to stop motorcycles from entering Kuala Lumpur to prevent congestion. That’s an idea that was OK. I mean, yes, it could help although I don’t think it would help much.

I went through Jln Ampang every morning for 4 years now. One doesn’t have to go there to see what the real problem were. Buses and taxis. That’s the top reason, for me at least, that congested the traffics.

Taxi drivers have special license. Yes its true. I don’t know who issued it to them but they have one. The license gave them authority to stop anywhere they want, without giving any signal, and without giving any thought who’s behind them. No, it’s not from JPJ obviously, more likely its from JTN (Jabatan Teksi Negara). Don’t bother to look for it, it’s top secret, only in Malaysia.

I’m a Muslim, and I believed that among others, you have to work without troubling others to have your income blessed. How many times do we hear Taxi drivers’ complaining that they didn’t have enough? The rates are too low they said, the rents were too high. How can you get enough, how can you get your income blessed if every day when you were doing your job people around you cursed you for what you did?

I understand Taxi drivers’ have to be alert to people standing beside the road, but all the time? Then what are the Taxi Stands for? Of course, some of the passengers have to be blamed too. They should wait at the taxi stand instead in front of their houses, remember, you not only troubled the traffics, but the taxi driver too. Others were cursing the taxi driver, not you!!!

Buses, yes, the bull of Kuala Lumpur, and we are the matador. The traffics were congested one day and about 100 meters from my car was a bus stop, with a bus already there, picking up some passengers. About 3-4 cars behind the first bus were another bus. The buses and I were all in the left lane. The right lane was flowing slowly but smoothly. The first bus has stopped the left lane.

Then the second bus started to charge right, like a bull, with the matadors on the right line dodging the charge. I was patient at that time, seeing the bus acting like that. So right now the right lane has been stopped too. I was thinking, the second bus couldn’t want to stop at the bus station, after what he did. I mean, that’s the reason right? For him to trouble others while going to the right lane.

Well, I was wrong! After the second bus enter the right lane, the first bus started to leave. Now the left lane started to flow. Keep in mind that the second one was only 3-4 cars behind the first. Then it happened, the second bus charged back to the left lane, into the bus station, to drop its passengers. As a result, both lanes stopped!!

What the f*%k is all that? That thing always happened, the thing lack was obviously patient. Bus drivers obviously knew where their stops are, right?

We should have more means of public transportation. More Putra and LRT should be built to accommodate people living in outskirt of Kuala Lumpur like Ampang, Segambut etc. When we have enough, please stop, if not, reduce the amount of buses and taxis entering the city, I for one, have enough of them.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Izira

I probably should send this by EMAIL, but I couldn't find an EMAIL address for you.

Anyways, I see that you have three sites listed under "The Kitchen". I would like to suggest another link, which provides:
- French recipes
- History behind the recipes
- History and culture of French cuisine generally

The link is:
http://www.france-property-and-information.com/easy-french-food-recipes.htm


I hope you like it and consider adding it to your list. It is also growing as I add new recipes.

Best regards,
Doug

A Voice said...

Perhaps this would interest you ... KPMM 2008: ANSARA Mahu Terokai Persoalan DEB.

Appreciate your attendance and assistance to promote event.

A Voice said...

http://anotherbrickinwall.blogspot.com/