Monday, July 31, 2006

Game On!

I’ve got to tell you that yesterday were the damn great paintball game that I’ve ever played. It’s the first time I’ve played at Kuang, Sungai Buloh and it’s my third time playing paintball, in fact, all my teammates were. Situated about 40 minutes from KL, it’s a long journey, but simply worth it. It’s one of the cheapest paintball games in Malaysia, with RM65 for 200 bullets and a large “battlefield”, you couldn’t find a much better bargain than that. However, rumours that I’ve heard stating that RM70 for 300 bullets in Gombak worth a checking. But that’s for another day.

I’ve first heard about paintball was when I’m still studying in Uniten. It was at Bukit Tinggi. Being a student, I simply can’t afford to go all the way there and paid for the game, who was way too expensive, even to this day. I’ve heard there’s a place somewhere in Sunway that lets you play for RM50 for 4 bullets. That’s simply bullshit! What are you going to do with 4 damn bullets? Or are they magic bullets I wonder?

The rules of the game are simple. I summarize it into two. Don’t ever lift your facemask during the game. Don’t! The momentum of the bullets could firstly, blind your eye, permanently and secondly if it struck your face, you will stayed in your house for two weeks, guaranteed. There are a lot of stray bullets cases that I’ve encountered, and most of them passed above or at the side of your head. Listen to the Marshals carefully, only lift it when you were asked to do so, meaning, at the end of the game.

Secondly, it was fun, yes, to shoot at people, but it would be very advisable not to shoot your opponent at point blank range, hell it hurts! If it’s a tournament, fine, you HAVE to shoot them, but during recball (a term for friendly games), it’s for fun, although the shooting will definitely NOT taking the fun out for the players, it still hurts. Friendly fire cannot be avoided (I had three yesterday from the same person), but it is good to be careful and aware of your surroundings. In short, please identify your friends well.

The best thing to do was (if the opponents’ back was in front of you, if you’re face to face, shoot like there’s no tomorrow, hahaha) go behind him silently and tap him with your hand or weapon. If he doesn’t comply and start shooting at you back, butt him with your weapon, hahaha, just joking.

The basic gears are the facemask and the gun. There’s an optional gears if you ever want one, camouflage suit, neck and knee guard etc. You have to rent them out.

I scored three kills, one capture and two hits yesterday. We played the standard game (if you’re shot, you’re out), capture the flag, capture the flag with the terrorist holed up in two houses and zombie, where you have infinite lives until you’re shot in the head.

The place was big compare to the last place. The last place was very small, about half of a hockey field, with bunkers scattered, and yes, I was afraid to go out. My mind couldn’t moved my body after it has determined that there’s 90% chances that I’m going to get shot if I ever going out of the bunker. There’s not much place to maneuver and you will know immediately where your opponents are and where will they be next.

However, in Kuang, as the place was very big, you could plan your move, there’s a whole lot of hiding places and hell, I even lead some of my teammates out yesterday and it was good to be at the back of enemy line, capturing one and shot one in the process.

I’ve seen guys and girls playing the games together, I even saw all girls battle out each other. I understand most people were afraid to play this game, afraid of being shot and getting hurt. I saw one of my friends yesterday, a newbie, his face was so pale. After the game, he admits that he was afraid at first, but after getting shot for the first time and realize that it doesn’t hurt much, he started to really enjoyed the game, delivering one headshot and received two in return, hahaha. Believed me, yes it hurts, but no one that I know playing this game ever quits when they tried it for the first time, neither guys nor girls. They always asked for more.
My team were going to kick each other butt again somewhere in September, venue either Kuang or Gombak, if it promised a more good time. We still looking for recruits to join us, if any of you out there are interested, either to watch us or to join us, you are more than welcome. Just leave your email or website at the comment column, and I’ll contact you.

1 comment:

morris said...

G'day, Morris here again. I've just added your link. I was wondering if it was possible for you to change the name of my link on your blog from 'Morris' to 'The Greatest Blog Experiment' as that is the name of my blog.

cheers

Morris