Thursday, January 12, 2006

Infant

I've promised to post about my encounter with "something" in my next issue, but the thing is, the material is still underway. I've spent my time lately with a book of battles with the titles "Battles" (hmmm....) and I've reached the rise of the Ottoman empire two days ago which heighten my battle lust, end-up with me buying Call of Duty 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2, which I played for the whole two days (minus office hours of course). Which, in turn, ends-up with me, right now, currently, in the office, with a running nose, my sweater wrap-up around my body and body screaming all over asking me to find a hotter spot, not to mention my head. I have to come, being replacement for my colleague who was 1/2 day MC yesterday and given birth today.
Yesterday, I've got two SMSes from two totally different people bearing the same news. During lunch yesterday, after rescuing Shy from his own house (he left his house-key in his car), James SMS me, his wife has given birth to a daughter. That was his second, and now he got a pair, two years apart. Night-time, while I was driving my Crusader searching for Panzers in Tunisia, Joe SMS me, Mimi has given birth to a daughter too, Qistinia Safiyyah. Beautiful name right?. This morning, my colleague called us and she's given birth too, to a son, her second and a pair too.
Wow, I've never experience something like this before. I mean, usually, there's a gap of a day or too for my friends, but right now, three babies in two days? I know, we couldn't choose on which day to have our baby right, if those thing happen, happened, right? It was a happy moment for them all, and yeah, I'm happy too.
I don't know when will I continue my reading on "battles" again. It's a good book actually, starting from the first war ever recorded in history of mankind till now. However, it lacks the tactical information of each battle. I NEED tactical info, what strategy do they used, what trick did they employed. Could someone out there refered me to that kind of book. However, this book does shows the pictures of weapons and armours of those days. Yeah, it satisfied me too, but it would be better to have them both, don't you think?

3 comments:

binx said...

got the sms frm joe too..

dang! he used the name 1st.. i've always loved the name, qistina.. tot would wanna name my daughter that.. but now i'll have to find another name laa pulak..

thewailer said...

battles books? for roman warfare...I rec the one in my blog..good tactical stuff..hehe yes I lust for battles too in my imagination! playing rome total war now.

on the other note: aiya...newborns spring like beautiful flowers around me too...when will my time come? the universal q.

Unknown said...

Binx,

Haha, what to do, right? However, remember last year, when Anne, Ayu, Shida and Awin all give birth almost at the same time? They all give birth to a daughter, who "ironically" named Ameera? I agree with you, have to find another name :-). Hmmm.....heard someone wanted to use my name for his son,hihi.

Hi Wailer,

In The Name of Rome? I'll look into it right away, thanks mate :-). Have you played Rome: Barbarian Invasion? Graphics & AI are much better, but the Romans have been through some modernization at that time (no more hastati & such). Love the original, the army was much traditional, and damn that was the best strategy game ever!! Though I never won using Rome :-(. Won with Cartage & Sellucid Empire.

BTW, your time will come mate, u will know it naturally, trust me ;-).