Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rings

Went in search of betrothal ring (couldn’t find the right words) and engagement ring yesterday at KLCC. I asked Anne to accompany me at first, realizing my inability to differentiate between beauty and beast. Ayu decided to join in without knowing that I’ve already broke-up with my ex. Of course when she knows about it, she decided to team-up with Anne, complaining to me about getting married without introducing my future wife to them. Well, I couldn’t say much to that, she’s in a land far far way from here, of course, with the closing and all, even I doesn’t have the time to meet her frequently.

We ended up at Habib, they do most of the talking and again complaining to me about my indecisiveness to choose between white and gold. I tried to call my girlfriend but my phone suddenly decided to play prank on me. The line just wouldn’t connect. I SMS her and the decision was made. I ended up with two gold rings after considering their opinion on each ring that I chose.

Adi will be back from Hanoi this weekend, deciding to celebrate Chinese New Year here after his invitation for us to go there went in vain. Well, we’ve got at least two more years for us to go there to visit him. I’m interested to go there, there’s a lot of historical places and artifact from what I heard. Hmmm… maybe I will be going there next year, maybe.

Last 2 weeks I went to Kelantan to attend Shy’s wedding. It’s a long trip to Kelantan, took us about 7 hours to get there. We traveled using Bob’s car (5 of us), make a couple of stop to relieve our legs. We were dead tired when we arrived at Shy’s house and went straight to bed. It’s hard for me to sleep, as Shy’s cousin, in the same room, still awake playing Black Hawk Down with his PS2. It’s not about the noise that bothers me, my gaming instinct refused to sleep, nagging me to join in. I keep on reminding myself that I have a long day ahead, and finally my nausea took the lead, dragging me to sleep.

We woke-up early, have a quick shower and breakfast. I ate rice for breakfast as the custom of the East Coast people. We accompany Shy along with his family (3 cars) to the masjid for the vows ceremony. Shy’s face was decorated with the feeling of nervous (he still maintained his poyo smile though) and it took a while for him to answer all the Kadi’s question. However the important thing was, the vows was recited once, and relieved soon took over Shy’s face.

Shy’s family went back home after having breakfast at the girl’s house (rice, again). Pejol and me helped Bob arranging the gifts for photo shoot. We’ve been offered by one of Shy’s uncle (he worked at the local religion body) to have a free wedding.

“Mu bawok gewe mu, pastu mu call saya, saya buat tangkapan, berehhhhh. Xpo, ayah die bising saya handle”

Yeah,it was tempting.

Shy was late 2 hours for the evening ceremony. It was frustrating, combined with the ulcer in my mouth, but it end-up nice. Au joined us later after his family check-in at the local hotel. The plan was Au would joined us together during the road-trip, but after he told his dad about the plan, his dad decided to tag along, with his mom and aunt, they haven’t been to Kelantan for awhile, it’s their kampong by the way. We decided to join his family at the hotel for that night, since there will be a match involving Liverpool that night. We took a room and Au invited us to join his family for a night-out.

We went to somewhere in KB, I couldn’t remember the exact location. The town has changed since the last time I’ve been there. It’s been almost 8 years. We satisfied ourselves with Nasi Kerabu ( RM 2 per rice, where in KL can we find that price?) Ayam percik, some chicken’s stomach and some sala (fish mixed with coconut). I’ve forgotten the taste of the real Nasi Kerabu and that night it did reminded me of the good old days. It’s a pity I couldn’t taste it lavishly thanks to the ulcer but it was good nonetheless.

We went back to KL reluctantly on Sunday morning. Instead of Gua Musang, we took the the Grik route. We managed to reduce the traveling hour by 1, making it 5 ½ hours to KL. We stop by Tasik Banding for a bite to eat (you could see some of the beautiful scenery at Banding using the link to Bobimages). Yeah, it was fast, I would recommend that road if you want a fast one. However, it is a very dangerous road, on Saturday, a rider lost his life on the same route that we’ve taken. Therefore, be extra careful when driving through the mountain. We exited at Kuala Kangsar before taking the highway straight to KL.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy long holiday for those who works in Kuala Lumpur and a happy new year.

2 comments:

binx said...

wow... getting engaged already eh?
when's the big day?

anyway, congrats buddy..! i wish u all the best in ur r/ship..

Unknown said...

Thanks Binx....The day? Next week I confirm kan, hik hik.