Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Closing

They said today should be the end. The ending of the pain that we’ve endured for the past three weeks. I hope they are right, I really hope, though the possibility of it was very thin. This was the third year-end closing that I’ve been through with this company. It’s getting worse every year. With the diminishing of workforces employed and the increased in workload, it certainly doesn’t help with the “timely” arrival of my new boss. With him, it’s getting worse every day, haha. Till now, I’m still wondering who’s the bloody idiot that hired him? Yeah, I just found out he doesn’t know how to recon either. Hmmm…. So what does he knows exactly? (In accounting point of view, I mean).

Tomorrow, unknown to my staffs, as what I’ve faced every single month, I’ll be facing the firing squad. Though Alhamdulillah the frequent of the meeting is getting less, but the feeling of having to wonder whether I'm going to get shot or not is killing me, seriously. I still have the feeling that I’ve left out something, though how much I checked, how many times I revised, how many times I viewed, it’s still there. What I know right now was that I’ve entered everything that supposed to be entered, prayed and….tawakal, hahaha. Don’t care la, kena pun kena laa, xtahan oooo.

For the first time, I saw all my staffs stayed back. Other departments walked in awed as if seeing something that should have extinct exactly 5.30 everyday suddenly still here, working as if there’s no tomorrow, which is true, by hook or by crook we have to finish it by today. Of course, if the firing squad ask me to the line tomorrow…….It’s good to have the feeling as if I’m still at the old department, 2 years ago. We were very happy at that time, although we went back late but our spirits were high. Since the new COO entered, most of our friends from various departments left. Last two months, the topic that been spoken at the beginning of every meeting was, “who’s left?”. It was a very dark period for us here, though the numbers were slower this time around, but people are still leaving…. for good.

No comments: