Wednesday, December 21, 2005

LATE!!!


Woke up late yesterday. I picked up my phone, it’s 9.05. Dialed up my boss, stated that I’ve overslept, she laughed and asked me whether I’m coming or not. With the amount of work left on my table, I couldn’t consider no as an answer. I came into the office at 10, morale already low with hangover still sit on the edge of my eye-lid.

My staffs have already left for training. According to the schedule, mine was in the evening. The training was about fund management, more towards managing budget, specifically for transferring this year budget to the next. It’s a two-hour training, but my staffs were back at their seat an hour earlier. What a relief, I thought, well, when I went, I was totally wrong. A bunch of bosses were there.

The problem with a meeting/training with a bunch of bosses were they tend to show off, though actually there’s nothing to show, but they did, so the training time were dragged 20 minutes late. I’ve fallen asleep at first, but my instinct does it works well. At the corner of my sleeping eyes, I saw one of the bosses asking questions’ with eyes keep looking back at me. My self-training in Tai-Chi works really well too, haha. She started referring at me when the questions’ end, a question that I have answered a million times before. I diverted it to others, haha.

That’s the obstacle of being an accountant I guess. End-users tend to think that all money-related problem linked to us. Whatever ways we have explained to them, they will never have understood. Treasury, budget and finance department were different entities. That’s true enough for my company though.

Some of my colleagues were asking whether I’m going to take leaves or not. There’s 4 left of mine. Hmmm…I think I rather not, going to keep it for next year. Speaking of leaves, I went to the hunter’s site yesterday. One particular hunt catches my eyes. There were not that many events for next year, of course, as we were still in 2005. This hunt would be held in February, from Sunway to the Lost World of Tambun. I would really like to have a breakaway anyhow, however, the entry price was really way up. Should I wait for other events to be registered?

The other reasons were it’s not organized by Time-Out Solution. I have no experience what so ever in hunts other than Time-Out Solution. In that case, if I were to enter, I definitely invite the Am-Bank team to join, some of them were the top hunters in Malaysia. I may create a new team, Bob express his interest to join, so he’s in. The problem right now is a navigator. Now, where would I find one?

An ideal-team should consist of four. A driver, navigator and 2 solvers. A driver should be fast, bonus would be if he knew the terrain well, any shortcuts would be an advantage. A navigator should be someone cool, doesn’t crack under pressure and confident. A bonus would be someone that knows how to calm down his team when the competition is heating up. The solvers, as the name implies, solved the puzzle. He doesn’t have to be knowledgeable, but he should have phone, two would be better, with both batteries fully charged. Contacts at home or in other rival teams will be an absolute advantage.

Things to be brought during the hunt that a team should have consist of dictionary, light foods and drinks and for the smokers, 2 packs of cigarettes. Please bring a BIG dictionary, left the small one at home. Yeah, I know the contents are the same. It’s not about the content, it’s a mind warfare. Imagine your rivals face when they saw you carried a big-ass dictionary in your hand, haha. I still remembered my face when I saw Balan’s, haha. I brought the smallest one I have at that time, I brought it out of the car, Balan’s team stopped behind us, and one of them brought out one of the biggest dictionary that I’ve ever seen. Queitly, I put back mine in the car, haha. By the way, Balan’s team was the defending champion for God knows how much in my company.

The food, of course, to be consumed during the ride, and it’s a long ride, I tell you. My only experience finishing early was when it was held in Penang (the last time I went). We manage to have a decent lunch (3 PM) at Pelita. However, I’m still hungry for the taste of victory. Maybe, I pray for a better result next time I went. Those things have got to be over now, cheers!



No comments: