Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kuala Berang Vs Taiping

My team lost last Saturday in the match league between Ansara Kuala Berang and Ansara Taiping. My boys were high in spirits, stating that the Taiping’s were bookworms, and there were no way that they could beat us. The stats showed otherwise, with 22 goals last season and a draw with Asputra last week, this team could deliver a punch to my team.

My team was just formed about two weeks ago. This was a third team that I handled. With the first team went well while the second didn’t. This third team was actually a fraction from the second team. My point of view with this new one? They were good, but not good enough. I mean, the players here possessed good individual skills, one of the best even. They consists of my juniors went I was in MRSM. My youngest player was born in 1987. However, they lack teamwork, which was expected for a team that has just been formed two weeks ago.

The first team consisted of my housemate and several Uniten’s ex-students, which were my course mate by the way. It was during the third year of our studies when Uniten’s football club restricted the entry for the Uniten League. Only those team who were top two in every group were allowed to participate in that year’s tournament. It created disgruntled among the team members who didn’t made it. They claimed that the team last year will remain last year, this year the team will obviously contained new members, and there were no contracts to bind any players anyway.

I was joking at first when I said that I would create a team consist of the “rejected” players to play friendly against the team that joined the league. Boy was complaining to others during our smoking break, and when he heard my line, he immediately phone the players he knew to join. I was dumbfounded, it was supposed to be a joke, but seeing the seriousness of Boy’s face, I dare not to sat otherwise, well, he was big, what could I say?

It was a disaster at first. I imported two players at first to assist in midfield and defend, they were good individually but still, we couldn’t win. Most of my players during that time were still average in skills, could play but still couldn’t produce much.

Then the two players left after we graduated. It was a year after the forming of the team at that time. Then, it was different. The team was growing at that team, we won and we won for every match we encounter at that time. We even joined a cup as underdog and we managed to get through to final. It was a glorious two years for us at that time. The players skill were getting better and better, and communication between team members were the best.

We lost the final though, and after that, things were back to normal. Most of my players left, furthering their studies or worked overseas. However, most of them were back this season, and a few more games we will be ready to go back again.
From what I’ve learned, the important thing in the football team is the team itself. Even Ronaldo couldn’t play in an unorganized team, believed me. For my third team, it could take time, yes, however, I calculated that it could be fast as the new players were talented. Well, only time will tell.

No comments: