Thursday, October 20, 2005

3 Guys and a Toothbrush

Due to several reasons, the people involved in this particular story will not appeared in their real name.

I remembered it clearly as if it happened every day in my life. Once I went to Carrefour, shopping with two of my friends. We’ve just got back from our usual ritual minum petang (we don’t actually hang out everyday) and Dell decided to go to Carrefour, ‘to buy stuff’, he said.

So off we went to Wangsa Maju. As I set my foot on the floor of the Mega Mart, I can tell that that day will not be as usual as it seems. You see, my sense of direction in confine spaces (although I’ve spent ¾ of my daytime working there) sucks…. Even if someone asked me the direction of Canon inside of KLCC, I would say

“U go to level 3, then go straight, after the centre court.”

Was it really in level 3? I hope so…. Hey, I’m trying to be nice here. Anyhow, we decided to get separated as I wanted to go to buy some magazine (Military History of coz), Dell went to the FOS and Fred…….well, he goes where he usually goes ….no…..I have no idea. Eventually, I finished my transaction, and in search for those two…..little did I realise that they too, were on the moved, in the end, we end up searching each other (you do realised the line reception inside Carrefour, right? None).

We finally met up, and entered the Mart together. Actually, I haven’t planned to buy up anything, but after seeing Dell with his toiletries, we (Fred and I) decided to buy something too, maner tahan ooooo.

Now, I’m a loyalty brand kind of guy, and if that particular brand catches my eyes, there’s a big possibilities that I won’t change to anything else. I’ve decided to buy a toothbrush…..Oral B…Fred decided to buy an Oral B too, but different product. At that time, I wasn’t even looked at the price tag, auwwww…..come one, such a cute brush, how expensive can it get, right?

After piling up our tray, we headed to the cashier. It’s one of the weekdays, and naturally, most of the cashier’s were vacant, and as we were feeling a little naughty that day we decided to head to this one chick. Nothing special about this chick (mekap tebal) and I’m not just saying that because of the thing that’s about to happen next.

Imagine the look on our face when the amount sold shown RM 114.75. That price for 15 toiletries, toiletries? Fine, I said, I paid with my card and left…..just outside of the counter. As there weren’t many customers on that day, most of the cashiers eyes were on us three (we make a little fuss here and there), imagine three man, still wearing office attire, in a mart, gathered together and virtually taking the things they bought out of the plastic bag again.

Of course, we wouldn’t wasted our 4 years together taking an account degree, we quickly establish a field audit, and one of the item’s price catch our eyes…500ML x2 - RM 29.50. Natang apa 500ML x2?

After doing a quick recon, it’s confirmed…my toothbrush…. What were they thinking, a toothbrush costing almost 30 bucks??? That’s my 2 days lunch for God sake! This must be a mistake….then someone decided to be the hero of the day. He approach the cashier

Dik, nie camner bole silap nie, salah tekan nie.”

“Btul la bang, mmg harga die camtu.”

And then she laughed, in the beginning, it wasn’t all that bad, then, behind me, another sound started, then another, and another…. until almost all the row behind and in front of me started to laugh too. Malu giler sioootttttt….

But we keep our cool, asking casually for a refund, and the cashier was kind enough to show us the way to the refund dpmnt (laughing all the way). This time, I went alone. Another chick stood behind the counter, expecting my receipt. Without saying anything, I gave her the receipt. There was no way she could know what had happened earlier, but once she set her eyes on the receipt…. She begins to laugh too, see! Do you guys see who’s the victim here? With that kind of reaction, it eases me a bit, nooooo….. I don’t think I’m the first one, hihi.

Actually there’s a liquid containing wax inside the toothbrush, but who cares? We have to see the dentist one way or another, and I know it wouldn’t get my teeth shinier than now, haha.

O yeah…. about that someone…it wasn’t me ;-)

3 comments:

binx said...

funny story there dude.. the moral of the story is.. checkout the label & price b4 heading towards the checkout counter.. *lol*

will be looking fwd to more interesting read frm u :D

Anonymous said...

hmm..fred fred.. nak jadi hero konon..hehehe

Unknown said...

Will do. Serik ooo nak kena lagi,hihi. Lalu tepi Carrefour ngan Dell, jumpa awek Carrefour, Dell suruh hon biler sampai tepi, baru nak tekan, mission abort. Y? Sebab awek ari tu, hahaha.