Thursday, October 27, 2005

KAI's

Got my hair done today at Kai’s. My am I satisfied! Really, they’ve made it like they really care about your hair, and they really did. It’s not a saloon, just a normal barber shop situated in front of the Coliseum (Indian’s Cinema) deep in one of the busiest area in KL, especially during festive season.

I’ve got nothing against saloon, it just that I don’t think I have the “guts” to go there at all. It’s kind of, “sophisticated”, if you know what I mean. I’m a traditionalist, a brand loyalty type of person, and since I’ve been to a decent barber shop till to date, I’m comfortable to stick with it, it’s hard to change. I still remembered for almost 6 years since I was in Form 4 until I graduated from Uniten, my hair never been cut by a “professional” barber! Thanks to Aie, Toron, Bob and countless others for taking care of my hair during those memorable years. You guys were awesome.

At Kai, the old fashioned cut resurfaced once more, it’s hard nowadays to find barbers that still cut your hair using their fingers as anchor, and at Kai’s, they still doing just that. I don’t know how to describe the “sensation” felt between cutting your hair with comb and fingers, but they are different. It’s much more satisfied using fingers, brings me back to my childhood years, went to this tailor cum barber shop at Pasar Sentul with my grandfather, riding the basikal tua, it wasn’t there anymore, giving it ways to Sentul Raya.

Although the time taken to cut each customers’ hair was long (30-40 minutes), but it was worth it, what ever style that you want, there’s different way to cut it. They know what they were doing, not like most shop’s that just nodding their head, and instead looking like Beckham, you end up looking like Posh, haha. The way they do it, looks like they were doing some form of art, like they’ve looked every single hair on your head, searching for the hair line, break it, and create a new one.

It’s difficult to say it, but your hair will be in good care in their hands, I even dozed off several time during the process. For those guys out there, give this place a try, the price are a bit high than other barbers’, but it’s simply worth it.

P/S: Bob, it will be great to attach a picture of the shop’s front here, think you can provide one? Thanks.

No comments: